As a 160 years old UK-headquartered medical devices manufacturer and multinational organization, Smith & Nephew supports healthcare professionals in more than 100 countries in their daily efforts to improve the lives of their patients.
We are one of the global leaders in:
- Orthopaedics Reconstruction – joint replacement systems for knees, hips and shoulders
- Advanced Wound Management – wound care treatment and prevention products used to treat hard-to-heal wounds
- Sports Medicine – minimally invasive surgery of the joints
- Trauma & Extremities – products that help repair fractures and deformities
With our annual sales of close to 4.6 billion USD (2015), we have around 15,000 employees around the world, who embody Innovation, Trust and Performance as the core values of Smith & Nephew.
We are a constituent of the UK’s FTSE100 and our shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange and through American Depository Receipts on the New York Stock Exchange.
Smith & Nephew has frequently made it to the Forbes’ list of the World’s 100 Most Innovative Companies (2013, 2015, 2016).
Smith & Nephew takes a pioneering approach to the design of our advanced medical products and services, by securing wider access to our diverse technologies for more customers globally, and by enabling better outcomes for patients and healthcare systems. Our recent initiatives include the launch of our mid-tier value segment of products in orthopedics and wound management (which includes the legacy range of our acquired Sushrut-Adler business in India), acquisitions of Arthrocare (to strengthen our performance in Sports Medicine) and Blue Belt Technologies (giving us a leading position in the fast-growing area of robotics-assisted orthopaedic surgery). In addition, we make major investments in R&D as well as Educational platforms and Evidence generation, which have been our major drivers in India and emerging markets, where providing affordable quality healthcare, training and product and business model innovations are the key to growth.
A testament to the positive difference that we have made is our recent recognition (2016) by the Economic Times as one of the Best Healthcare Brands in India.
At Smiths Medical, our purpose is to provide innovative solutions and superior support to help healthcare professionals and providers ensure safety, enhance patient outcomes, and improve the total cost of care.
At Smiths Medical, we are passionate about improving and saving the lives of patients through high quality, innovative medical devices and services. We are a leading global manufacturer of specialty medical devices that provides innovative and lifesaving solutions for the world’s healthcare markets. Specializing in Infusion Therapy, Vascular Access, Vital Care, and Specialty Products & Services, our products are found in hospital, emergency, home and specialty care environments and are used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care and for support in managing chronic illness. We have operations in over 30 countries with manufacturing concentrated in the US, UK, Mexico, Italy, Germany, Czech Republic, and China. We sell to approximately 120 markets and, while the US continues to be our largest single market with around 45% of sales, we continue to build our presence in developing and emerging markets.
Our Product Portfolio includes:
- Infusion Therapy – Fluid and medication delivery devices for pain management and the treatment of acute and chronic diseases.
- Vital Care – Devices for managing patients’ airways and body temperature before, during and after surgery.
- Vascular Access – Devices providing healthcare professionals access to patients’ vasculature for delivery and withdrawal of fluid and medication, as well as devices to protect health workers by helping prevent needlestick injuries.
- Speciality Products & Services – Products for clinicians and businesses in the specialized care areas of in vitro diagnostics and fertilization, veterinary health, transport ventilation, patient monitoring and medical device manufacturing.
TERUMO, founded in 1921, with Corporate Headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of medical devices with over 20,000 Associates across the world.
Terumo India Pvt. Ltd., was established in 2013 with headquarters based in Gurgaon, NCR Delhi. In India, Terumo has an expanding field force & distribution network including several acclaimed academic programmes.
‘Contributing to Society through Healthcare’ is both Terumo’s starting point and unchanging corporate mission. To fulfil this mission, we strive to respond to India’s health system skill requirements by working continuously in collaboration with our customers and our academic partners to contribute to skill enhancement and patient out-reach through our various CSR initiatives.
Our global vision – ‘Innovation at the speed of life’ inspires us to relentlessly stay committed to our work – to bring new value to the ever-changing medical settings, and to patients who await vital care.
Terumo contributes to society through three business areas – Cardiac and Vascular business, Blood Management business, General hospital business.
Each of our Associates are charged with producing innovation not only in product development and production, but also in each of our work processes as well.
It is with this ‘Associate Spirit’ that we will continue our pursuit of new value to realize our vision.
We are proud that we touch 10000 lives everyday.
- Vygon is a French Multinational dealing in Single Use Sterile Disposable Products.
- It was established in 1962.
- In its initial years it was only a European and American company. These were continents where many doctors from all over the world were coming to study. Many of them returned to their native countries and asked for Vygon products which they had used in the West.
- Vygon responded to their demands by expanding its geographical reach. As a consequence, today Vygon operates in nearly 200 countries.
- Vygon India, because of the quality of its results, its Healthcare Worker training programmes and its corporate governance is a highly admired operation of Vygon.
- Vygon markets 100 million products every year.
- Which means, a Vygon product is used somewhere in the world every three seconds.
- What are the reasons that what started as a small shop in 1962 has worldwide operations today:
- Thoughtful designs.
- A very wide range catering to almost every department in a hospital.
- Impeccable quality – there are only a few companies whose quality users vouch for. Vygon is fortunate to be one such company.
- Vygon’s belief in the credo – that the taste of success of success is sweet but the secret of success is sweat.
- Vygon’s strong code of corporate governance.
These are the reasons why Vygon and its products are trusted across the world and why even doctors often say that, “Vygon is Vygon”.
- Main product ranges: Though Vygon manufactures more than 11000 products, its core strengths lie in the following areas: Neonataology and Paediatrics, Intensive care, Anaesthesia (Neurostimulation), Management of postoperative pain, Vascular access and Surgery. These are high-tech areas and Vygonians take pride in being able to offer many such products to the Indian patients, which are critical to their recovery and lifesaving in nature.